This is a version of the Ceridwen Self Issue Client which has been preconfigured for use in University of Oxford Libraries.
- Install an up to date Java Runtime (for instance from https://adoptopenjdk.net/). Ensure that java is configured on tha path.
- Download OULSSelfIssue-NoVM.zip
- Extract the zip file into a suitable directory (e.g. c:\Program Files\Ceridwen.com\SelfIssue). SelfIssue can be run by running SelfIssue.bat or SelfIssue.exe.
- Download the latest configuration file for Oxford which can be found here: config.xml
- Edit this file and change the following (they will have the initial value CHANGEME in config.xml):
the library name located under XML Path: SelfIssue\UI\LibraryText_Text;
the Port number located under XML Path: SelfIssue\Systems\SIP\Port to your unit-specific Self Issue port, which will have been emailed to library and IT staff. You can also request this from the OLIS Helpline;
the e-mail address to send notifications to the library staff under XML Path: SelfIssue\Systems\Loggers\Logger\To.
- Place the edited config.xml in the subdirectory c:\Program Files\Ceridwen.com\SelfIssue\resources\com\ceridwen\selfissue\client\config\ replacing the existing config.xml file found there. (Assuming that you extracted the zip file to c:\Program Files\Ceridwen.com\SelfIssue).
- Run and test:
- *Test Connection¦
- Attempt checkout of valid and invalid patron/books
- Check client starts and handles checkouts with network cable unplugged
- Check spooler directories in c:\temp
- Check entries replay when network replugged (restart client or wait 15 minutes)
- To diagnose problems run SelfIssue using selfissue.bat at the commandline (whilst in the SelfIssue directory). This will display additional error logging information on the commandline console.